Just when we thought things were settling down for the Thanksgiving break, the hedge fund industry is rocked with another insider trading scandal. Once again, hedge funds are on the hot seat.
Here is a quick round up of the news over the last few days that will make for some interesting reading during the next few days:
- From the Wall Street Journal: Hedge Fund Manager Had His Finger on the Pulse of Elan
- From Bloomberg: Brevan Howard on Hiring Spree as Hedge Fund Rebuilds in New York
- From Reuters: Worries on U.S. taxes drive hedge fund exits to near 3-year high
- From Associated Press: Ex-hedge fund trader charged in $276 million insider ploy
- From Barron’s: Investors in Hedge Fund Credit Strategies Get Worried
Take a look. Each story provides a bit of light reading that is sure to keep you occupied over the next few days to prepare you for the last month of the year. However to get a clear and focused understanding of the impact of another insider trading scandal, increased taxes, questions about yields and hiring trends will affect the industry in the weeks, months and years ahead, you need to come to GAIM USA in January.
This year’s program provides real insight and debate on these issues and more. So don’t delay, register today in order to make sure you and your organization are prepared for what lies ahead. Click here to download the brochure - Click here to register.
Have a happy and meaningful Thanksgiving!
-The IIR Alternatives Team